I enjoy working with every age group, yet there is a special place in my heart for the littles whom I call my “sleep champions”: kids from 3 to 6 years old. And I’ve been inspired by working with hundreds of preschoolers to create something special just for them.
A key part of my strategy for working with preschoolers is explaining that their favorite doll or stuffed animal is having sleep trouble.
We learn about how and why poor sleep is making life truly difficult for their cherished friend, and we work together to make things better. The child’s growing sense of caring for others is ignited while she gets to experience the power and purpose of having responsibility for another. This is heady stuff for a little one!
When young children “get” a concept, they embrace it with their full heart and soul. When they feel empowered to create positive change, they are a force to be reckoned with.
Time and again I’ve seen my little teammates transform from sleep troublemakers to mini sleep experts. Unfortunately there’s just one of me and only so many families I can help personally. What’s more, not all families can afford the investment needed to work directly with a child sleep expert.
But what if thousands of children could become mini sleep experts by learning how to solve sleep problems through the right story?
I’ve teamed with an illustrator and other experts in children’s publishing to create Putting Bungee to Bed, an illustrated bedtime storybook based on my own work with preschoolers and their “best friends”.
WHY A STORYBOOK?
Putting Bungee to Bed is a classic tale of friendship and overcoming obstacles which teaches young readers how to solve problems by getting everyone on the same team.
But we can only realize this goal if we raise the funds necessary to professionally illustrate, design, print and distribute a high-quality book that children will ask to read at bedtime. We’ve launched a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo.com to raise those funds and our campaign is now live at kidsleepexperts.com.
Platforms like Indiegogo and Kickstarter make it possible to use social media and word of mouth to reach the many thousands of people who would be interested in having or supporting a book which helps kids and families be stronger and healthier.
If helping end bedtime battles and overnight struggles for countless families is an idea you can get behind, here are some ways you can get involved:
1. Spread the word. The more people who know about the campaign, the faster we will fund the book and get it in the hands of families who want and need it. Sharing this article or our campaign link kidsleepexperts.com on social media is a great way to get the word out.
2. Contribute to the campaign. Contributors will receive pre-ordered copies of the book and other great perks available at kidsleepexperts.com. Or just donate $5 to support a new generation of healthier sleepers!
3. Leave a comment. It can be a little daunting to be out there asking for money, even if it’s to help make life better for children and their parents. Please cheer us on by leaving a comment on our campaign page at kidsleepexperts.com.
We’re pretty excited about this chance to help so many tired families. We hope you’ll join us!
Latest posts by Sasha Carr (see all)
- Daylight Saving Time Survival Guide - November 2, 2017
- Sleep Tips for Daylight Saving Time “Spring Forward” 2017 - March 10, 2017
- Daylight Saving Time Baby and Child Sleep Tips - November 3, 2016